ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
Location: ALS Environmental, Yellowknife
Reports to: Laboratory Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
About the Position: This position will work as part of the client services and laboratory operations teams to ensure that ALS fulfills its customer service commitments and provides excellent customer service to our clients. You will fill an integral role in coordinating samples throughout the analytical process and providing updates to clients, while assisting with laboratory responsibilities when required.
- Perform reception duties and act as the primary contact for clients dropping off samples;
- Ensure all required sampling and handling information/instructions is obtained and logged;
- Relay cost estimates for new (cash customer) client enquiries;
- Prepare sample bottle requests;
- Coordinate new client submissions;
- Perform sample receiving, layout and login into the LIMS;
- Notify clients about any sample integrity or analytical issues;
- Prepare sublet samples for courier pick-up or arrange for delivery to courier depots;
- Act as the primary contact for all internal sublet work;
- Enter and update new client account information in the LIMS and SE Admin;
- Prepare invoices and process prepayments;
- Report results to clients using the appropriate format (verbal or written report);
- Assist with the gathering of information required for client Electronic Data Deliverables (EDDs);
- Perform laboratory assistant tasks to support laboratory operations when required, including sample preparation and processing, analyses, and laboratory maintenance duties;
- Prepare reagents, calibrations and quality control standards as required;
- Assist with sample login and shipping/receiving duties as required;
- Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
- Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to stand for up to a full shift;
Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
Manual dexterity to perform intricate and/or repetitive tasks;
Ability to use and view a computer screen for up to 8 hours per day;
Ability to communicate via telephone and e-mail without assistance;
Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
You may be exposed to unpleasant odours;
Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
The ideal candidate would have:
B.Sc. or Technical Diploma in Science is required;
Valid Provincial Class 5 driver’s license with clean driving history (abstract required);
Must satisfy all background check requirements set out by the Transport Canada Air Cargo Security program;
Experience in Environmental Chemistry or related field is an asset;
Experience in Customer Service or Sales is an asset.
You would also have:
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to work well under pressure;
- Organized, detailed oriented and able to work independently;
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal);
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Familiarity with appropriate environmental regulations including the Canadian Drinking Water Guidelines.
Looking for further details?
Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply online at https://jobscanada-als.icims.com/jobs/5954/account-manager/job?mode=view no later than July 13, 2018;
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted;
- For the employee referral bonus program, this position is eligible for a Level B bonus award.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued. We therefore encourage applications from all individuals; particularly women, First nations, people with disabilities and visible minorities.
ALS also welcomes applications from people with all levels of ability. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.