The position of Building Operator, based in Yellowknife, is responsible for maintaining building performance and functionality and is critical to the operations of Northview’s commercial buildings.
• Routine building rounds and inspections of properties systems and functionality;
• Repair and maintenance of facilities and equipment including HVAC, lighting, plumbing or common areas;
• Performing preventative maintenance, routine inspections and mechanical systems checks of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, etc.;
• Respond to service calls for tenants and emergencies;
• Travel between buildings during working hours is required;
• Ensure safety standards are met;
• The successful candidate will assist the Manager in achieving a high standard of workmanship, time management and customer satisfaction.
• Experience with Commercial and mixed used properties
• Ideally have a good working knowledge of electrical systems, carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance.
• Possession of or interest in obtaining a 5th Class Power Engineering Certification would be an asset but not required;
• Proficiency with power tools, front-end loader and other equipment will be an asset;
• Strong communication skills and a proven team player with a positive attitude towards the team and customers;
• Must be flexible, organized and able to coordinate multiple projects at once.
• Physical exertion including lifting and/or carrying up to 50lbs
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license with abstract will be required;
• Able to pass clear of relevant convictions and clearance of criminal background check will be required