The incumbent provides management of human resources and financial management for The Salvation Army Yellowknife
skills and abilities:
Good interpersonal skills
Creativity and Innovation
Analytical thinking and decision making
Collaboration & Network building
Team work & cooperation
Human Resource Management
Provides Financial Management:
• Ensuring the recording of all financial transactions including A/P & A/R
• Responsible for receipt of all A/R
• Work with the Western Regional Accounting Centre (RAC) to maintain an accurate set of accounting for all departments.
• Review of monthly financial statements, variance reports and management information as required
• Review bi-weekly payroll accuracy
• Completes all MU invoicing including submissions to customers and WRAC
• Complete the preparation of the annual budget submission in accordance with SA requirements.
• May be responsible to develop, write, process and file of all MU program and facility contracts
• Research avenues of funding and developing proposals that would enhance the Mission of The Salvation Army in Yellowknife.
• Responsible for the growth and management of the fundraising and community related programs or events including: Kettles, Food Drives, Red Shield etc.
• Providing support to other management team members in matters such as contracts, budgeting, etc.
• Develops and maintains policies and procedures manual for Finance and Systems.
• Financial oversight of supply purchasing, equipment and capital projects in relation to budgeting and financial accountability.
Provides Personnel Management:
• Ensures advertisements for employment opportunities are posted
• Recruit and train new Manager, Supervisors, Administrative Assistant as per their generic job description and task list
• Oversee overall employee hiring in conjunction with Manager and Supervisors
• Daily schedule and supervision of Management and Administration staff
• Chair and organize the Management Team Meeting, ensuring all relevant issues are addressed and followed through
• Complete and review probationary evaluations, performance reviews and annual staff evaluations as per the annual schedule for the Manager, Supervisors and Administrative Assistant
• Negotiate at the second level of grievances per the Collective Agreement
• Liaise all relevant issues and paperwork between THQ, DHQ, Executive Director and Management
• Complete the appropriate paperwork concerning performance issues as per SA policy.
• Discipline employees as per SA policy and the Collective Agreement
• Attend departmental staff meetings as required
• Ensure development and maintenance of Human Resources policy and procedures
Oversight of Thrift Store:
• Provide oversight of the Thrift Store operation.
• Train and supervise Thrift Store Supervisor
• Ensure development and maintenance of Thrift Store policy and procedures
Completion of, or enrolment in, a professional accounting program (CA, CGA, CMA) or Business Degree
Several years of experience in accounting, budgeting, human resource management
Clear criminal record check