Reporting to the Marketing Director, and based in our Yellowknife office, this position coordinates and implements all logistical arrangements for NWT Tourism's consumer related marketing activities, coordinates membership in the organization and facilitates member involvement in cooperative marketing activities, including, but not limited to cooperative advertising, consumer trade shows, sponsorships and partnerships.
This position also assists staff in handling inquiries coming into NWT Tourism's Call Centre in overflow periods and provides administrative assistance in peak periods where additional resources are required for administrative and logistical supports for the organization.
- Coordinates Annual Membership Drive and Membership Renewal Process. This involves updating the annual membership brochure, coordinating and implementing membership renewals, ensuring accurate and up to date Membership List and member listings on spectacularnwt.com.
- Coordinates NWT Tourism's participation in Consumer Trade Shows. Arranges and implements all detailed logistics including booking of booth space and related supplies, arranges for cost effective shipping of booth materials, assembles detailed itineraries and makes all travel arrangements for marketing team. Coordinates set up and tear down, and ensures promotional inventory is maintained and organized. Ensures all financial commitments and invoicing related to the consumer programs are registered as commitments and are paid timely. Assists in gathering show feedback from member partners and represents NWT Tourism as required at the consumer shows, promoting the NWT as a travel destination.
- Coordinates Consumer Contests - coordinates all administrative details required to support promotional contests as part of consumer marketing and liaises with contest winners, putting content prize packages and itineraries together as required.
- Coordinates Member Involvement in NWT Tourism Marketing Activities - assists members in understanding how the Spectacular NWT website works and how to include their own business listings and assists members in updating their information on the website as required. Tracks membership cooperatives, ensuring packages on website are implemented in accordance with member partnership agreements.
- Provides Administrative Support to Marketing Director - prepares budget information as directed, makes travel and other logistical arrangements, tracks commitments and costs.
- On-line Webstore - coordinates uploading of new merchandise with photos and price information onto the on-line webstore and assists in handling merchandise packaging, shipping and mailing as required.
- Call Centre Travel Advice - this position provides back-up in handling call centre inquiries by phone and email during peak periods, helping potential visitors plan their travel to the NWT.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Educational Requirements: Ideally, this person will have post-secondary education and training in the field of tourism hospitality, travel or marketing. Prior work experience in the tourism field is an added advantage. Knowledge regarding the NWT, its tourism experiences, products and attractions and the transportation routes and accommodation amenities is required.
Skills Required: The successful candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the NWT, ability to work independently with minimal supervision, ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently. This position requires excellent verbal and written communications skills and advanced experience with EXCEL in preparing budgets and managing complex spreadsheets. Advanced use of WORD, POWERPOINT and OUTLOOK software is also required. The incumbent must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.