WHO WE ARE:
ATCO Frontec has more than 65 years’ experience providing complete infrastructure solutions to customers worldwide. We are focused on the future and bringing our clients products and worksite support services fit for the 21st century. We offer complete operational support solutions for worksites that goes beyond transportation to ensure that everything around our clients’ core business is managed, from roads and equipment maintenance to water and wastewater treatment, including fuel supply and airfield services.
We are among the market leaders providing facilities management, camp services, workforce lodging solutions and operational support. We are well diversified geographically and we service diverse business sectors. ATCO Frontec Managers are experienced and are constantly pursuing excellence as a standard. Our management team provides the staff training and supervision required to ensure that our clients get the best possible customer service, and to ensure the highest standards of safety.
ATCO has facilities in Canada, the United States and Australia, operations on five continents and a global supply chain, allowing us to deliver a rapid, turn-key solutions anywhere it’s needed. As a full turn-key bundled-services provider, our clients are unlikely to find a better mix of range, quality and price.
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Structures & Logistics values diversity. We are committed to having a company that is inclusive, fair and respectful, and represents the diverse talents available in the workforce. We strive to ensure that our work environment allows for each and every employee to reach their full potential; this is only possible when differences are respected and valued.
Under the direction and leadership of the Project Manager, we are seeking a Finance and Work Control Manager to join our RP North department in Yellowknife, NT. The Finance and Work Control Manager is responsible for maintaining overall financial and accounting records for the RP North project and verifies the procedures used for recording financial transactions. The position is also responsible providing the work reception function, regular stocktaking of the spares inventory, generating purchase requisitions and coordination with corporate logistics, and to maintain the technical library.
- Develop and maintain a conciliatory relationship with customers, vendors and maintenance personal.
- Support establishing the CMMS data base; entering all locations, assets, preventive maintenance (PM) tasks, PM schedules, vendors, materials and tools. Coordinate with the site maintenance manager/coordinator for accurate information.
- Supports the training of maintenance personal on the CMMS and work as a team to implement a viable work request/order process and a document management process.
- Support the Site Superintendents to generate, organize and provide preventive maintenance documents (e.g. audit reports)
- As directed, work with site-based staff issue purchase orders for materials, tools or contract work required.
- Develop and Issue requested management reports as needed.
- Maintain maintenance records in an organized, neat manner that facilitates easy retrieval of information.
- Supports and initiates inventory stocking taking
- Maintains the purchasing/receiving system
- Verifies and posts purchase invoices and debit notes, if any; sees to it that the entries have correct accounts and department codes, correct information and correct amounts
- Verifies and posts sales invoices and credit memos, if any; sees to it that the entries have correct accounts and department codes, correct information and correct amounts; controls that all regular monthly invoices are posted to the corresponding month and vendor
- Prepares monthly entries for all transactions concerning cessions ins and outs, movements, back charges, physical inventory end, floating stock; prints and distributes to the supervisors of each units the monthly ending physical inventory and floating stocks
- Completes clearing of general ledger accounts and petty cash
- Prepares charges and statements, daily cash outs and bank deposits
- Assists/prepares reports as requested
- Completes reconciliation with clients as required
- Actively involved in ensuring they are following safe and sound procedures and are adhering to government regulations as well as ATCO Structures & Logistics Health and Safety, policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education: Bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in Accounting or Finance either completed or actively working in-progress towards
- Minimum of 2 years in progressive financial management
- Experience in a technical or engineering environment would be an asset.
- Ability to multitask and is a solid team player with the ability to meet defined deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office programs with excellent skills in Excel
We would like to thank everyone for their application; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Final candidates will be required to undergo a Security Clearance Check.
Collection, use and retention of personal information will be in accordance with ATCO Group privacy policies and practices.
By submitting your resume and personal information to the ATCO Group of Companies, and/or participating in a personal interview, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by the ATCO Group of Companies to determine your suitability for employment opportunities within the ATCO Group of Companies.