Reporting primarily to the Service Manager the Technician repairs, overhauls, maintains and services equipment. Diagnoses problems using testing equipment and determines repairs as needed. Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline the work processes. May be called upon to operate other equipment or engage in activities as the Service Manager sees fit. Expectations are that you are professional at all times and strive to work in a safe environment.
Repair, overhauls, maintains & services equipment to ensure that the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate, perform rental check out inspections
- Determine performance problems
- Service according to equipment schedules
- Warranty repairs & estimates preparation
- Document repair work done & parts used
- Repairs small engine or heavy duty equipment including minor/major repairs and other preventative measures to ensure in safe operational condition
Maintains appropriate service and repairs records
- Service orders, parts orders
- Develop estimates by costing materials, supplies and labor with the service writer
Researches and inventories equipment parts, chemicals and supplies
- Able to search and obtain manuals online, or navigate parts look up
- Maintain and update dealership requirements related to Kubota, Bobcat, etc.
Assists and serves as back up to other facilities
- Other duties as assigned
- May be required to take a course or travel after hours
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and care for shop tools and equipment
- Clean tools and lock boxes at the end of the day
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments
- Make recommendations to make the workplace safer
It is the responsibility of the technician to put in the effort to maintain up to date technical training as required by the company.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational, administrative skills and attention to detail;
- Completion of a 3-5 year program or Red Seal endorsement;
- Must be proficient with common computer applications;
- Ability to handle a heavy workload;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a noisy environment
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Demonstrated initiative;
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide drivers abstract upon hire.