Based in Yellowknife and reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have an integral role within the business by providing technical support and advice on IT infrastructure and communications systems to our stakeholders
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced individual to support business and customers across a range of responsibilities including, however, not limited to:
- Planning, installation and implementation of new infrastructure, including IP Phone system, PC’s, Servers, Networking equipment and software;
- Evaluate systems performance and improvements for our customers;
- Plan ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of corporate IT networks and Electronic Security Systems;
- Proactively supporting client IT Infrastructure;
- Provide day to day help desk and customer support;
- Coordinate with clients for monthly updates and system maintenance
- Ensure reported issues are responded to in a timely and efficient manner
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as an IT Technician.
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Server and Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with IP Networks and telecommunications systems, including peripheral equipment (e.g.computer networks, optical fiber, on site controllers, data modems, terminals, etc)
- A+, Network+, Security+, CCNA, MCP or other technical certifications are an asset
- Proven organized team player with exceptional interpersonal skills.