The Tasiurqtit (Whale Cove) Housing Association has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Foreman.
Reporting to the Secretary Manager, you will be responsible for supervising maintenance staff, prioritizing and scheduling necessary maintenance, both demand and preventative, inventory control and managing a computerized maintenance program.
- Grade 12 Education and a Journeyman Certificate in one of the building, electrical or mechanical trades
- Knowledge of northern building practices, Canadian building codes and trucked service systems
- Several years' experience in staff supervision in a unionised environment
- Knowledge of computerized Maintenance Management programs, (MMOS preferred)
- Ability and proven experience at training
- Knowledge of budgeting, writing specifications, tendering, construction supervision and project management
- Fluent in English and good communication skills