NWT Tourism, the Destination Marketing Organization for the Northwest Territories, is seeking a Marketing Director to help generate increased awareness of and visitation to the NWT from domestic and international markets.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent is an integral member of the NWT Tourism management team. Leading a small team in Yellowknife, and providing direction to the Agency of Record, the incumbent works with Destination Canada, as well as with contracted Sales and Marketing Agents in Germany, Japan, Korea, China and Australia, to ensure the development and successful implementation of the Northwest Territories’ annual destination marketing plan.
- Working with a range of stakeholders, researches, plans and co-ordinates the development and delivery of the annual NWT Tourism Marketing Plan and budget for North America and other targeted international markets
- Leads and oversees the implementation of the ongoing marketing activities approved in the annual Marketing Plan
- Manages the Agency of Record (AOR) contract, setting priorities, ensuring expenses align with budget and ensuring an annual performance assessment
- Negotiates and oversees contracts with General Sales Agents or Marketing contractors in Germany, Japan, Korea, China and Australia
- Establishes partnership agreements with Destination Canada and other contractors for shared marketing programs or for international marketing initiatives;
- Monitors performance of marketing initiatives and directs day to day implementation to ensure maximum return on marketing investments;
- Assists with the preparation of funding applications for additional marketing resources from time to time, and oversees implementation of additional marketing programs to meet requirements of contribution agreements signed;
- Ensures quarterly and annual reporting to funding partners for all marketing initiatives are prepared to the specifications and timelines required in partner funding contribution agreements;
- Oversees research projects undertaken as part of marketing initiatives from time to time.
A diploma or undergraduate degree in marketing, or business administration with at least five years’ experience in a senior tourism marketing positon with a Destination Marketing Organization, Government tourism office, or private sector business. Must have experience supervising staff. Knowledge of the NWT’s Tourism products and marketing initiatives is considered an asset
Deadline to apply: Friday, August 31st at 12:00 noon
A copy of the full Job Description for this position is available upon request at the email below.
All applicants should submit their resume in writing with three (3) references to:
Chief Executive Officer
Northwest Territories Tourism
#201 5204, 50th Ave. Yellowknife NT.