The NWT Recreation and Parks Association (NWTRPA) is seeking an energetic, creative, and highly organized individual as our Membership & Communications Manager. This position is responsible for NWTRPA communications, membership coordination, and other administrative duties.
Deadline: JULY 15, 2018.
Providing membership support
- Promoting membership and maintaining the membership.
- Administering membership benefits.
- Leading the delivery of the Annual Awards Program.
Providing communications support
- Preparing, coordinating, distributing communications materials including the website, monthly e-newsletter, posting on social media, and hard copy materials.
- Preparing and distributing correspondence including letters, invoices, and payments.
- Doing what it takes to get programs, systems, and creative ideas implemented in ways that will help the organization.
Providing administrative support
- Managing main office including maintaining an inventory of office supplies.
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors (e.g. research, writing correspondence, booking travel, etc.)
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business, Recreation/Leisure studies, or a related discipline.
- Training or demonstrated proficiency in web content management programs (i.e. WordPress).
- Experience with video production and graphic design.
- Experience in administration, communications, and/or marketing positions.
- Experience establishing relationships, fostering trust, and strengthening existing networks.
- Strongly self-motivated.
- Well organized and able to prioritize.