We are currently accepting resumes for the full-time Project Coordinator position located either in Whitehorse, YT or Yellowknife, NT.
Provide administrative support to Implementation / Project managers accountable for the delivery of various technology projects, working with various teams (Engineering, Field, Contractors, Supply Chain and Finance teams) to complete projects on time, within approved budget.
- Create network activities and milestones according to standard template or as instructed by the implementation manager or project manager. Subsequently maintain, track and update project milestones / schedules in SAP as changes occur.
- Provide budget support by ensuring requirements for project are updated at network / WBS level 3 in SAP.
- Release material orders and work closely with supply chain to secure material and coordinate delivery to job sites, resolving PO discrepancies as required.
- Coordinate with resource managers to secure technicians for installation, testing and turn-up of equipment & facilities. Follow up with technicians and /or resource managers on completion of activities.
- Facilitate resolution of project roadblocks / issues working with technicians & engineering primes
- Confirm receipt of goods and/or services and perform goods receipt in SAP where appropriate.
- Assist in tracking project financials for consistency and accuracy. Follow up on invoicing, accruals and other project charges, resolving discrepancies as required.
- Maintain an internal filing system for project documentation (ie. technical docs, project diary, meeting notes & action registers).
- Close out activities & networks on completion.
- Provide other administration and coordination duties as required and assigned.
- Working knowledge / experience with SAP, particularly in the PS module.
- Previous experience coordinating technical projects is considered an asset.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent time management and organizational skills are essential.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to prioritize work effectively and take action on urgent items.
- Must be willing to continue to learn new skills, adapt to change and contribute ideas for improvements.
- As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take
pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.