The Thrift Store Clerk provides customer service to customers, sorts incoming products, and assists the Supervisor in the maintenance of all store operations.
Deadline to apply:20 July 2018
• Responsible for the accurate completion of all customer transactions including cash, credit, and debit.
• Communicates with costumers to provide product and store information
• Completes daily cash-out and sales receipt summaries and bank deposit documentation as per Thrift Store policy
• Receives, sorts, and prices donations based on store policies
• Places priced product on floor racks and shelves
• Removes product from and keep clean donation bin
• Discards unusable and old product to Thrift Store garbage
• Rotates floor product as per Thrift Store policy
• Implements store layout plans to attract customers including window displays and merchandise displays
• Contributes to the control of inventory by retrieving, sorting, and pricing as per directions
• Protects the store from inventory shrinkage by close visual monitoring
• Assists in daily cleaning duties of the Thrift Store including sorting areas, staff washroom, store product areas (shelves and racks), floors, windows, change rooms and exterior donation receiving areas (store main and rear entrances) and as directed by supervising staff.
• At least 3 months experience in retail and customer service, preferred
• Experience using a cash register
• Be conscientious of good customer service; treat customers respectfully
• Some understanding and knowledge of clothing, fabric and furniture value
• Ability to sort, price and display appropriate donations
• Clear criminal records check is required