Det’on Cho Logistics is a subsidiary company of the Det’on Cho Corporation, which is the economic development arm of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation. Det’on Cho Logistics provides logistics and expediting services and solutions in the NWT and across the North.
Det’on Cho Logistics is currently accepting applications for a dynamic, energetic, and creative person to fill a full-time position for an Aircraft Refueller. Reporting to the Petroleum Operations Manager this position will be primarily tasked with completing the functions required on a daily basis relating to aircraft refueling operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures a safe work environment by following all Det’on Cho Logistics rules and regulations regarding the work place.
- Comply with all policies and procedures
- Liaise with clients providing excellent customer service
- Coordinate itinerant aircraft activities with ramp and flight crews
- Refuel aircraft according strictly adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Answers customers’ inquiries regarding flight schedules or information for a particular flight and other questions that may arise.
- Maintains the level of service expectations of both the customer and management at all times.
- Coordinates with other airport vendors regarding specific flight information
- Responsible to complete plant and equipment checks as required
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid class 3 driver’s license (with air endorsement) and provide a clean driver’s abstract.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain airport security clearance which includes an extensive check of your last 5 years of employment, criminal record, and residence history.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
- Must be willing to work in all types of elevated noise levels within the airport environment
- Must be willing to work in an outdoor winter environment
Applicants should possess the ability to multitask and work in high volume, fast paced environment.
Det’on Cho Logistics offers full support and commitment from our management team as well as a rewarding and exciting work environment. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary and benefits, as well as participation in pension benefits.
If you are a self-motivated achiever with a desire to join a locally owned, growing, and vibrant Company, a career with Det’on’ Cho Logistics may be just what you’ve been searching for. To apply for this position, forward your resume and references to:
PO Box 2608
Yellowknife NT X1A 2P9
Preference will be given to qualified Northern and Aboriginal applicants. We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.