You are a driven and self-motivated Apprentice Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME), focused on obtaining your AME license, who has previous experience working on large fixed wing aircraft. Under the direction of a qualified AME, you will join our skilled team of aviation professionals at Summit Air, servicing our diverse and growing fleet.
Apply now to join the dynamic Summit Air team in Yellowknife, NT.
Conduct maintenance on aircraft and aircraft components as directed by the AME Team Lead
• Perform all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable standards of air worthiness
• Accurately complete all paperwork for assigned tasks in a timely manner
• Perform independent and critical task checks if trained and authorized to do so
• Troubleshoot faulty systems to determine a course of rectification in conjunction with the Lead AME
• Perform various duties including engine runs and aircraft towing, as trained and authorized to do so
• Conduct hangar clean up Assist with sheet metal repairs as required
Aircraft Maintenance Diploma, or relevant training
• Previous experience working with fixed wing aircraft, preferably larger turboprop or jet engine aircraft
• Must have own basic mechanics toolbox
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Ability to take direction and learn quickly
• Proven observational, decision-making and time management skills
• Mechanically inclined, ability to work with your hands
• Computer knowledge
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team, as well as work independently
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol testing requirements
• Night shifts will be required on an occasional basis
• Toolbox shipping costs will be covered by the Company
• Relocation costs to the value of $2500 where applicable
All of Summit Air’s fixed wing aircraft can be individually configured to accommodate your unique cargo transportation needs.
Our fleet is always maintained to the highest industry and government standards. All of our aircraft are standardized to come equipped with an onboard satellite phone, portable phone, next generation satellite tracking, and Transport Canada approved medevac kit.