POSITION: Assistant Manager REPORTS TO: General Manager
SUMMARY OF WORK PERFORMED
The Assistant Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the Boston Pizza dining room under the direction of the General Manager. This includes conducting the affairs of business in regards to the dining room, attending to GUESTS needs, the staffing and scheduling of front of the house staff and the on-going training, supervision and development of the dining room staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducting the Affairs of Business
The Assistant Manager’s focus will be on maintaining three priorities:
- Health and safety of all guests.
- Operating to Boston Pizza International’s systems and standards.
- Ensuring Operational profitability.
The Assistant Manager will be responsible to the General Manager for ensuring that all Boston Pizza guests are served in accordance with Boston Pizza International Inc. specifications.
- Ensure that there is adequate coverage at all times in the dining room and will further ensure that all service procedures are followed in accordance with Boston Pizza International Inc. specifications.
- The cleanliness of the dining room will be a top priority of the dining room supervisor and he/she will ensure that all checklist and cleaning schedules are followed.
- Ensure that all service staff are properly trained and will continually strive to upgrade the quality of service in the restaurant.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Conduct orientation, explain the Boston Pizza Philosophy, and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing on-going feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts. Guest service
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Ensure that proper safety procedures are in place to protect employees and guests.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
In House Promotions
- The Assistant Manager will work closely with the Manager in implementing and following up on any and all in house promotions carried on in the restaurant.
- Adhere to Boston Pizza standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labour costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- He/she will ensure that all products are properly prepared and served and maintain control over prescribed liquor and labour costs and other dining room related operating expenses.
- Attend courses that are beneficial to business and personal development, in order to upgrade his/her personal achievement at Boston Pizza.
- Remain alert and interested in the food service industry, remaining abreast of trends and drawing to the attention of the Corporate Office any concepts or ideas that may have application to Boston Pizza.
- Perform other such related tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Duties include running the day to day operations of the restaurant, scheduling, inventory, dealing with guest complaints and other duties related to running the restaurant. Reports to the General Manager.
Candidate must have great leadership skills as well as an openness to learn and grow. Restaurant and/or management experience in a fast paced environment is an asset.