The CFS Caseworker provides support and guidance to clients requiring assistance with shelter, food, and clothing needs. The Caseworker will also oversee the volunteer program as well as facilitate workshops on life skills, wellness programming, and create community collaboration with the goal of reducing and eliminating homelessness in our community. The caseworker will advocate and work with clients in such areas as court support, immigration, income tax, and health care referrals. This is a full time unionized position with various shifts.
Deadline to Apply: 6 September 2017
- Coordinate the volunteer program
- Facilitate and develop workshops
- Case management
- Support the feeding programs as well as food hamper and clothing distribution
- Generate statistical reports
- Assistance with the Christmas program
- Post-secondary diploma/degree with focus on social work or nursing
- 1-3 years’ experience in the social/human services field
- Other post-secondary education will be considered
- Ability to work with a team environment
- Computer literacy
- Flexible hours of availability
- Clear Criminal Record Check
- First Aid, Verbal Judo, NVCI, Suicide intervention, WHIMIS, Food Safety, Suicide Intervention, and Mental Health First Aid certification would be an asset.