Boston Pizza Yellowknife is looking for some cooks. The Cook is responsible for the receiving, storage and preparation of all food products according to Boston Pizza specifications and practices. The cook is responsible for maintaining proper levels of prepared products. Further they will be responsible for the assembly, cooking, plating and garnishing of all food products according to Boston Pizza specifications. They will control the products leaving the kitchen to ensure that each has been properly accounted for. They will also maintain a clean workplace at all times.
- The Cook is responsible for ensuring that all products received meet Boston Pizza specification
- That the invoicing is correct in respect to quantity and quality and that the products are properly dated, rotated and stored to ensure food safety.
- They will prepare all products according to Boston Pizza recipes and will help to control food costs and other kitchen related operating expenses, i.e., preventative maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- The Cook will prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- The Cook must have a complete working knowledge of Boston Pizza's menu, recipes, assembly and plating specifications.
- The Cook will ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with Boston Pizza recipes and assembly manuals and charts
- . The Cook is responsible for only issuing food from the kitchen when it has been properly and completely accounted for on a customer bill or a chit from a remote printer
The organization and cleanliness of the Heart of House area will be a top priority of the cook and they will ensure that their checklists and cleaning schedules are being followed during and following his/her shift. From time to time the cook may be required to assist in the training and development of new employees. Co-operation, communication and teamwork are essential for a successful cook. The Cook will perform other such tasks as may be required from time to time.
Experience is an asset but not required