The City of Yellowknife is an inclusive employer offering a dynamic and rewarding work environment that delivers valuable services to our residents. Working in Local Government provides many opportunities to not only develop your career but also to improve the lives of residents and visitors to Yellowknife! At the City, the diverse backgrounds of our employees help us to create a positive, safe and fun environment for us all.
We are currently seeking an individual to assume the position of Systems Analyst - GIS, with responsibilities focused on managing the City’s GIS system and underlying infrastructure. Under the general direction of the Manager, Information Technology, the incumbent provides project and technical support for the City’s GIS-related information technology infrastructure. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited, to:
- Administering relational and spatial databases (i.e. ArcSDE, Microsoft SQL Server);
- Integrating spatial data across all facets of the organization;
- Managing the City’s Web Mapping portal;
- Developing data products using ArcGIS Desktop;
- Administering ArcGIS Servers and the Geocortex Essentials web mapping applications;
- Using FME for data manipulation and conversion;
- Using GPS tools for data collection (e.g. Leica);
- Developing reports using tools such as Crystal Reports, Microsoft Excel, and SSRS;
- Assisting AutoCAD users with data manipulation and conversion;
- Providing technical support for the organization’s CityWorks and CityView implementations;
- Monitoring the health of the GIS servers and databases and taking preventative and corrective action as necessary; and
- Managing ongoing GIS projects and special initiatives.
The position requires the incumbent to assume the duties of other employees in the Information Technology Division as dictated by operational requirements. As well, the Systems Analyst assists the Manager of Information Technology as needed and may be required to perform the duties of the Manager in his or her absence.
This position requires a post-secondary degree in Geomatics, Geography, Earth Sciences, Engineering, and/or Computer Science. The incumbent should have a minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably in a municipal government setting. Also, this position requires solid problem solving ability and creativity, strong team player abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, a positive and service-oriented attitude, polished presentation skills, and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Current industry certifications in technologies relevant to the City’s infrastructure are desirable.
The City of Yellowknife offers a competitive salary and as well as a comprehensive benefits package including a monthly housing allowance, a defined benefits pension plan and relocation assistance. For further information or clarification of the job description, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Qualified applicants are required to apply no later than September 15, 2017.
Please visit the City of Yellowknife Website at: www.yellowknife.ca to submit your resume.
Please be advised that the City of Yellowknife requires all prospective employees to provide a criminal records check prior to employment. We thank all applicants who apply, but advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.