We are looking for a dedicated 2nd Cook who enjoys working as a part of a team in a fast paced culinary environment!
Reporting to the Chef at the Gahcho Kue Mine Site, the 2nd Cook is a Full-Time position on a 2x2 rotation.
The 2nd Cook assists the Chef in leading and directing the Food Service Team in the preparation and serving of all food products based on the requirements of the day to day menu and direction of the client.
Further duties include (but are not limited to): menu development, the training of junior staff members, assisting with cleaning duties and ensuring that Food Safe practices are strictly adhered to at all times.
- the point of pickup for this position is limited to the Northwest Territories. The ideal candidate would need to be available to fly to and from a pick up point location within the Northwest Territories. Associated travel fees to and from the Northwest Territories are NOT covered by Bouwa Whee Catering
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Experience in Food Service Management or as a Sous-Chef in a hotel or restaurant environment, including production and service for up to 400 people
- Minimum 3 years related experience in the Food Service Industry
- A current WHMIS and Level 1 & 2 Food Safe Certificates
- Ability to balance daily menu specials alongside existing set menu, taking into account food cost factors, variety and presentation
- Knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of all equipment in the Food Service area of operations
- Able to lead and direct other kitchen staff in the completion of their daily duties
- Understanding of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food Service areas of operation, and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products
- Familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be organized and able to lead the kitchen team during peak periods of production in the absence of the Chef
- Exceptional Customer Service skills and enjoy working with the public
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Concept of working as a team player and have the ability to work well with others
- Ability to work 12 hour days in a fast paced environment
Full-Time employees are eligible for medical benefits and RRSP matching!
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the following link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/