The Administrative Assistant provides office,(including data entry, HR, & Payroll), support to the NWT Resource Centre under the supervision of the Business Manager.
This is a non-unionized summer position with a 30 hour work week. As this is funded by Canada Summer Jobs, the applicant must be between 15 and 30 years old on the first day of hire.
The incumbent is responsible for the following range of job duties characteristic of the position:
· Maintaining secure, current individual personnel files
· Providing support to other management team members in matters such as personnel and human resources
· Assists with bank deposits and required paperwork
· Assists with issuing tax receipts for donations
· Ensures all employee paperwork is completed and forwarded to DHQ/THQ and is kept accurate and up to date.
· Assisting with accounts payable and receivable as required
· Receiving and delivering mail to the appropriate departments
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience in accounts payable, receivable, data entry
· Excellent organizational skills
· Demonstrated ability to work independently
· Better than average written and spoken communication skills
· Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
· Excellent computer skills – knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Excel
· General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
· Completion of, or enrolment in a human resources, accounting, or business certificate or diploma program
· Acceptable criminal records check is required
The Salvation Army is an international Christian church and charitable movement, active in over 128 countries worldwide. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity. The Mission of The Salvation Army is to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs, and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. This is expressed in spiritual ministry, and also by a wide variety of social services, which are extended without discrimination as to race or creed.
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.