Reports To: Executive Director
Purpose of the Position
The administrative and finance assistant provides direct administrative support to the executive director, as well as supporting the bookkeeper with day-to-day transactions.
The administrative and finance assistant is responsible for the general administrative activities of the Yellowknife Women’s Society, including answering phones and responding to messages, greeting visitors to the office and maintaining an active filing system. The administrative and finance assistant is responsible for providing support to the executive director and bookkeeper with administrative tasks, including review of financial entries, data entry and banking.
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Organize and schedule appointments
• Plan meetings and take minutes
• Write and distribute email, letters, and forms
• Assist in the preparation of scheduled reports
• Develop and maintain a confidential filing system
• Order or purchase office supplies
• Prepare/order promotional materials
• Prepare and distribute donor appreciation materials
• Update website and oversee the development and addition of new content
• Book travel arrangements, when required
• Provide general support to visitors
• Act as the point of contact for new clients
• Provide supports to other program areas as needed/appropriate
• Submit and reconcile expense reports/credit card reports
• Prepare and submit deposits
• Review timesheets
• Provide administrative support during budget and report preparation
• Provide additional support to the bookkeeper, as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• At least five years of experience working in an administrative capacity within a business or non-profit organization
• Advanced computer literacy, including the Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge of basic web design (or willingness to learn the current system)
• Financial management skills and experience in providing support for finance activities.
• Strong prioritization and scheduling skills.
• Updated immunization and criminal records check.
• Business insurance if using own vehicle for work duties.
The incumbent must
• Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the responsibilities of this position.
• Be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrate the ability to accept responsibility, be open-minded and honest.
• Demonstrate culture sensitivity.
• Be prepared to interact with a wide variety of individuals in a respectful manner, which may include using conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Be able to work in a high stress work environment.
The incumbent will work in high stressed environment and will have regular interactions with individuals who may be experiencing various struggles in their life. The incumbent will work with minimal supervision and often provide crisis management support.
The Administrative and Finance Assistant wage starts at $25.00 per hour. The hours of work are 7.5 hrs/day for 37.5 hrs/week. Must be flexible to work as needed between the hours of 8 am and 530 pm Monday - Friday.
To apply for this job opportunity please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Yellowknife Women’s Society is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity.