The Assistant Executive Director is a senior staff position providing executive support, expertise and resources to the President, Executive Director and Central Executive. Through a combination of training, expertise and qualifications, this person will possess:
- Interest and expertise in the areas of labour relations, collective agreement interpretation, negotiations and professional development;
- Skills to foster and maintain positive relationships with external stakeholders to effectively advocate for members;
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently;
- Superior communication, experience in conflict resolution and problem-solving abilities;
- Proven track-record of leadership, teamwork and lifelong learning;
- Interest and involvement in the activities of a professional teacher organization, and
- Personal vigour and capacity to meet the demands of this position.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Interested applicants are required to submit applications through email to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring to include a cover letter, resume and contact details for three professional references.
More information about the NWTTA can be found at http://nwtta.nt.ca
While not essential, eligibility for a NWT Teacher’s Certificate would be an asset. Fluency in French would be considered an asset as well. This position offers a competitive salary, a full range of benefits and an attractive vacation package. The successful candidate may be considered for a succession plan to fill the role of Executive Director should it become vacant.
The Northwest Territories Teachers’ Association (NWTTA) is a professional organization of approximately 800 teachers from three distinct bargaining units who are employed within the Northwest Territories’ publicly funded school system.
With the support of five professional staff, operating out of a central office located in Yellowknife, the NWTTA offers a broad range of services to its membership.