Serving Northern British Columbia since 1989, Bailey Helicopters is in growth mode and continues to offer its employees diversified and challenging work, while promoting from within. Our fleet consists of Bell 206’s, AS 350 (B3’s, B2’s, and BA’s), Bell 212’s. We are seeking motivated and positive Bell 212 & AS350 Pilots that are looking for work/life balance, excellent wages and benefits, year-round opportunities flying big hours and to be part of one of the best teams in the helicopter industry. Safety is our number one priority; if you’re a Pilot that feels the same way, Bailey Helicopters would be a good fit for you.Status
Permanent and Contract Location
Fort St. John, BC
2 weeks on/2 weeks off
- Participation in our Safety Management System Program.
- Fly single engine helicopter to transport passengers and freight in Northern BC.
- Be familiar with all available flight information, including weather, and applicable NOTAMs where available, and determine fuel and oil requirements.
- Ensure all required aircraft maintenance work has been completed.
- Calculate aircraft weight and balance.
- Complete VFR Flight Itinerary and Flight Risk Assessment, as applicable.
- Complete the aircraft preflight inspection before each departure.
- Supervise and carry out the loading and securing of passengers, freight or external loads.
- Complete all post flight duties, including filing arrival reports and confirmation to the company of whereabouts of the helicopter when operating away from the base, recording flight times and any defects.
- Maintain documents and equipment while on the base
- Liaise with clients to ensure their needs are satisfied.
May perform other duties, assigned
- Current Canadian CPL (H) or ATPL (H) and Medical.
- Valid Driver’s License and valid Passport
- Personal GPS unit and mandatory flight helmet.
- Personal cell phone
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol testing is required.
Bell 212 Pilot Requirements:
- Minimum 3000 hours total time on Helicopters.
- 500 hours on Multi-Engine Helicopters considered an asset.
- 100 hours on Bell 212
- Willing to endorse pilots that have experience with vertical reference on Bell 204/205/214
- Logging experience considered and asset
AS 350 BA/B2/B3 Pilot Requirements:
- Minimum 2000 hours Total time on Helicopters.
- 50 hours on Type.
- Wildlife experience is an asset (surveys, capture, and telemetry).
- Heli Skiing experience is an asset
- BC approved Mountain Course is required.
- Mountain and vertical reference is required.
- ACP considered an asset.
- Tree planting experience considered an asset.
- Training experience considered an asset.
- Class D certification considered an asset.
- BC Hydro certification considered an asset.
- Powerline experience considered an asset.
- Current and valid H2S Alive, Level 1 First Aid is required.
We offer an exceptional work environment with an ethical, approachable, and accountable Management Team. Effort is rewarded and job safety is a primary focus for everyone.
- Home life is encouraged
- Competitive employee benefits package
- Excellent remuneration.
- Opportunities for advancement
- This position will involve frequent travel and rotational shifts.
- Locations at base or touring are both possible.
- Fast paced environment, attention to detail, hand-eye coordination.
- Supportive of continual safety and quality improvements.
- Post-Secondary Education
- Strong work ethic and able to work efficiently as part of a team, flexibility with changing requirements regarding work hours/days, location and travel.
- Maintain a high standard of conduct; be respectful of clients, visitors, coworkers and managers.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com Please refer to the job posting title in your email subject. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.