The bookkeeper is responsible for administering Home Base financial transactions. They record these transactions, make payments, balance the books and bank statements, and generate financial reports. The bookkeeper needs to be familiar with various programs run by the organization, and maintain organized and easy to track financial data through Quickbooks Online. The position is also responsible for the day to day administrative duties of the organization. The position is full-time Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Benefits package and RSP Program available.
- Must be comfortable with SAGE and Quickbooks
- Keep track of all the business’ financial transactions
- Maintain accurate financial records
- Keep the accounting filing system in order
- Oversee the business’ inventory and cash flow
- Manage the annual budget and petty cash fund
- Calculate budget variances and report any significant issues
- Pay suppliers, customers, and debts on time
- Manage debt levels to ensure debt covenant compliance
- Ensure the prompt collection of receivables
- Balance the financial books by reconciling them with bank statements
- Communicate financial issues to the management/board
- Generate financial reports with analysis of the financial statements when requested
- Provide the information accountants and auditors need for their reports and audit
- Follow the standard accounting procedures and policies
- Ensure compliance with the local, territorial, and federal government’s reporting requirements
- Complete any administrative duties as required
- Complete any other tasks as requested
- Occasionally a team member may need your assistance in emergency situation
- You may be required to supervise youth in the Youth in Transition Program
- Provide supervision that is appropriate for the youth’s developmental age
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Knowledge of both Sage and Quickbooks
- 3 years relevant previous experience in a office setting
- 19 years of age or older
- Speak and write in English
- excellent customer services skills
- punctual and reliable
- enthusiastic and a team player
Home Base YK provides housing and support to youth in Yellowknife in order for them to achieve life-long success.
No youth left out.
Goals and Objectives
Community: Maintain a culturally inclusive, safe and collaborative relationship with people and groups within our community.
Team: Ensure a safe and supportive work environment where staff are continually inspired and committed to empowering youth.
Youth: Provide safe and supportive programs to meet the unique needs of youth.
Organization: Home Base YK strives to be a fiscally responsible organization based on transparency and trust.