Northview has opportunities for Commercial Building Operators in Yellowknife!
Yellowknife is a city of opportunity. In Yellowknife you’ll find the services you need, plus the activities and adventure you want. Yellowknife is a great place to raise kids, with a broad selection of schools and family activities. Like Alberta, there is no provincial goods and service tax, but with even more sunshine!
Applicants from across Canada are welcomed to apply. Relocation and vacation travel assistance is available.
Commercial Building Operator – Full Time - Yellowknife
Northview Apartment REIT is looking for a Commercial Building Operator to join the local team in Yellowknife, NT. You will be responsible for maintaining building performance and functionality and playing a key role in the success of Northview’s commercial division.
- Repair and maintain facilities and equipment including HVAC, lighting, plumbing or common areas;
- Perform inspections and mechanical systems checks of HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems, etc.;
- Respond to service calls for tenants and emergencies;
- Building rounds and inspections of properties systems and functionality;
- Year-round grounds keeping and occasional landscaping may be required;
- Travel between buildings during working hours is required;
- Ensure safety standards are met.
- Experience with commercial and mixed used properties would be considered an asset;
- A good working knowledge of electrical systems, carpentry, plumbing, and maintenance;
- Possession of or interest in obtaining a 5th Class Power Engineering Certification is an asset;
- Strong communication skills and a proven team player with a positive attitude towards the team and customers;
- Must be flexible, organized and able to coordinate multiple projects at once;
- Physical exertion including lifting and/or carrying up to 50lbs;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with abstract is required;
- A criminal background check clear of relevant convictions is required.
Those interested in this opportunity should visit http://www.northviewreit.com/about/careers to apply.
About Northview Apartment REIT
At Northview, our passion is providing our customers with a place to call home. Every day, from coast to coast to coast, we help our residents, hotel guests and commercial tenants find the right home for themselves and their families. Throughout Northview, we are a community-focused, committed team that is proud to deliver the best service possible, through the hard work of our employees, partners and vendors. We work to nurture and promote a positive environment where our teams are excited about the work we do. Northview provides an environment in which everyone's unique talents and skills are appreciated and valued. With approximately 27,000 residential suites in more than 60 markets across eight provinces and two territories, Northview is Canada’s third largest publicly traded multi-family REIT.
We thank all who apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted