Reporting to the Resident Care Manager, the Clinical Coordinator-AVENS Manor is a professional nursing position (Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse) that complies with and is accountable for the roles and responsibilities outlined in the following job description. The Clinical Coordinator-AVENS Manor is responsible for monitoring the quality of nursing care within AVENS Manor and ensures that the staffing levels meet resident acuity needs and has a direct care role. The incumbent provides nursing care to residents and to supervise, co-ordinate and improve levels of patients care with AVENS Manor.
The Clinical Coordinator-AVENS Manor models and promotes excellence through the hands on delivery of nursing care to patients (when required) or by providing seasoned advice and/or recommendations to Resident Care Aides (RCAs) when faced with difficult or unusual situations. As an educator, resource, and mentor in nursing care, the incumbent helps guide RCAs from task orientation to more empowered analytical thinking and care giving approaches.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Registered Nurse (RN)/Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)-must be a graduate of a recognized program for RN/LPN and must be eligible for full practicing licensure within the Northwest Territories.
- A minimum of four (4) years recent Long Term Care/Dementia experience
- Experience in program development, training and delivery an asset
- Experience with the Supportive Pathways model of care an asset
- Supervisory experience an asset
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector criminal records check must be provided.
Pay and Benefits
SALARY: $48.26-$54.78 per hour
PENSION PLAN: Part-time position, eligible after 1 year
GROUP BENEFITS: Part-time position, eligible after 3 months
VACATION: Accumulated as per the Collective Agreement
SICK LEAVE: Accumulated as per the Collective Agreement
OTHER BENEFITS: Subsidized meal plan, access to training development, and the gratifying feeling of knowing you are making the difference in the daily lives of seniors.
Please bring your updated Resume and Covering Letter to Reception, or email email@example.com. No late applications will be accepted. Applications must be submitted by Wednesday August 4, 2021