We are a flooring company in the Northwest Territories looking for commercial & residential flooring installers. Subsidized accommodations available.
You will lay down a variety of flooring material based on our client’s specifications, including hardwood, carpet, vinyl plank, linoleum, carpet tile, laminate and commercial sheet goods. Other job duties include demolition and removal of existing flooring, transporting materials and equipment, cleaning and preparing floor surfaces. Our company works with large and small residential and commercial projects. You must be proficient in using standard hand and power tools and familiar with different aspects of flooring installations.
Flooring Installer duties and responsibilities include:
- Assess work sites to determine possible issues and make recommendations accordingly
- Prepare surfaces for installation by removing old hardware like screws and staples
- Use hand and power tools to install flooring materials according to client specifications
- Work alongside other installers while emphasizing safety and efficient use of time and materials
- Inspect finished work to ensure customer satisfaction and the highest possible standards of work.
Flooring Installer Requirements and Qualifications include:
- Prior experience as a flooring installer or completion of a relevant apprenticeship
- Comprehensive knowledge of flooring materials and installation techniques
- Physical stamina and the ability to lift upwards of 50 pounds
- Keen attention to detail