To develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. Effective management of the marketing, advertising, promotional and fundraising activities of the organization. Implements marketing plan changes as required.
Closing Date is December 17, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Please submit applications in confidence to: Doug Rentmeister, Executive Director
Sport North Federation
Yellowknife NT, X1A 3X7
For further information, please contact Sport North Federation at 1-800-661-0797, 867-669-8335, or visit our website at www.sportnorth.com.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities and staff
• develop and implement a Communications plan,
• direct, and participate in, public relations and marketing programs, and,
• direct the coordination of information through Sport North to its stakeholders and general public
Revenue generation is accomplished but not limited to the following:
• Aligning Corporate clients with the various programs, events and services the organization provides,
• TSO marketing/ sponsorship consultations,
• Branding / Advertising ,
• Developing and coordinating Sport North fundraising initiatives ,
• Coordination of Sport North “Sport Legacy Fund”
Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing programs and services by addressing the following;
• Management of Sport North internal and external communications
• Sport North media relations
• TSO public/media relations consultations
• Development of advocacy and communication strategies
Determine and manage the marketing budget is accomplished by;
deliver marketing activity within agreed budget
liaison with media and advertising
monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
Completion of either or a combination of a recognized Recreation, Sport Management, Marketing and Communications designation and a minimum of three years experience in the identified fields is preferred. Comprehensive computer software knowledge, including website & data base design, word processing, and internet applications, is an asset. A working knowledge of computer systems/networks and experience in a multi-cultural environment are considered assets. This position requires excellent written and oral communication skills in addition to strong interpersonal skills.