The CFS Caseworker provides support and guidance to clients requiring assistance with shelter, food, and clothing needs. The Caseworker will also oversee the volunteer program as well as facilitate workshops on life skills, wellness programming, and create community collaboration with the goal of reducing and eliminating homelessness in our community. The caseworker will advocate and work with clients in such areas as court support, immigration, income tax, and health care referrals. This is a full time unionized position with various shifts.
· Coordinate the volunteer program
· Facilitate and develop workshops
· Case management
· Support the feeding programs as well as food hamper and clothing distribution
· Generate statistical reports
· Assistance with the Christmas program
· Post-secondary diploma/degree with focus on social work or nursing
· 1-3 years’ experience in the social/human services field
· Other post-secondary education will be considered
· Ability to work with a team environment
· Computer literacy
· Flexible hours of availability
· Clear Criminal Record Check
· First Aid, Verbal Judo, NVCI, Suicide intervention, WHIMIS, Food Safety, Suicide Intervention, and Mental Health First Aid certification would be an asset.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
It is the vision of the NWT Resource Centre to be a beacon to those in need and, through Jesus Christ, grow, develop, and restore the individuals and communities we serve.
There are four core operational values which guide all aspects of The Salvation Army in Canada & Bermuda.
HOPE: We give Hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ
SERVICE: We reach out to support others without discrimination
DIGNITY: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
STEWARDSHIP: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.