Provides day to day general reception service to the NWT Resource Centre, support to the Community Services Department and Administrative support to the Administration office
This is a six to nine month term, unionized position
Deadline to Apply: August 16, 2019
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Answering the telephone and referring calls to the appropriate departments
- Delivering messages as required
- Receiving deliveries and donations, sorting, light lifting and counting (food donations)
- Receiving general public walk-ins and referring them to the appropriate department
- Ensuring the lobby area is tidy and welcoming
- Distributing food hampers and clothing vouchers & the required paperwork/data entry
- Responsible for stocking and distributing of toiletries to clients
- Responsible for helping clients with laundry and shower services
- Recording of statistics for Community Services Department and Corps
- Filing for Community Services Department
- Receipt, recording and disbursement of mail
· Previous experience in reception or general administrative work experience
· Social Service Experience
· College level administration diploma or certificate
· Computer skills obtained through courses or work experience (1-3 years experience)
· WHMIS, First Aid would be considered an asset
· Clear Criminal Record Check required
Core values that guide all aspects of the Salvation Army in the Canada & Bermuda Territory:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
The powerful mission and core values of The Salvation Army serve as significant attractors for those people who choose to join the organization, which has been serving the under-served and evolving for 150 years.