Serving the people of the Northwest Territories since 1990, the Vital Abel Boarding Home is wholly owned by the Det’on Cho Corporation. Det’on Cho is the economic development organization of the Yellowknives Dene First Nation and is dedicated to creating prosperity for its members.
Under the supervision and direction of the Kitchen Manager, the Cook is a key member of the Food Service Team in preparing all food products.
The Cook position is a Full Time Position and based in Ndilo.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience as a Cook.
- Ability to provide and maintain supervision over food production for up to 100 people.
- Must have previous experience designing, implementing and organizing menus in ala carte, buffet, banquet, and institutional formats.
- Must have understanding of inventory control systems
- Physically fit and capable of warehousing, shipping, receiving, packing, and stacking pallets of perishable and non-perishable food items and cleaning supplies.
- Valid Food Safety Level 1 Certificate
- Standard First Aid w/CPR, AED
- WHMIS Certificate
- Willing to undergo a Security Clearance Background Check
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and cover letter to following:
In person: 3rd floor-Deton’ Cho Building 901 Sikyea Tili
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
As a First Nation owned for profit business, our first mandate is to deliver returns to our shareholders. Whenever possible, our first preference for hiring shall be afforded to qualified people of First Nation’s ancestry.