Sutherland House is seeking a full-time crisis support worker at the shelter in Fort Smith, NWT.
- Maintain client and shelter confidentiality, safety, and security
- Be caring, empathetic, and compassionate
- Be able to assert clear professional boundaries
- Understand the dynamics of family violence
- Have awareness of barriers women face
- Be conscious of the impacts of violence on children who witness abuse
- Knowledge of community resources
- Advocate for client-identified needs
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Work well in a team environment
- Integrity and tact in dealing with clients in vulnerable situations
- Available to work days (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and evenings (4:00p.m. to 12:00p.m.) on rotation (7 days on, 3 days off/7 days on, 4 days off). Some weekend work required.
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in Social work is desirable.
- Experience in supporting women and children experiencing family violence will be considered.
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to:
P.O. Box 879 Fort Smith, NT. X0E 0P0 Phone (867)872-5925 / Fax(867)872-3398
YWCA NWT is an affirmative action employer. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.