SMS Equipment offers rewarding careers in the heavy equipment industry across Canada. As the largest Komatsu dealer in North America, SMS Equipment gives you the opportunity to represent world-class quality in our product offerings and customer service. A few of the many benefits of working with SMS Equipment include: competitive wages, comprehensive group benefits plans, and RRSP matching.
At SMS Equipment, safety is our number one priority. Our successful candidate is intrinsically motivated and committed to lead a team of professionals, ensuring that safe choices and activities are their number one priorities.
Under the leadership of the Operations Manager, Northern Territories, the Customer Solutions Manager is responsible and accountable for leading, developing and managing a safe and effective site operation in order to achieve the Company’s mission. Embedded at Gahcho Kue, the Customer Solutions Manager, is responsible for the safety leadership, management, development and direction of the branch’s daily business operations; ensuring branch activities support the safe, efficient and continuous functions of sales, maintenance, and repair of mining equipment in accordance with meeting and exceeding the customers service and support needs.
- Ensures all SMS Equipment activities at Gahcho Kue are conducted in full compliance with safety, health and environmental standards, company rules and processes (policies, CP’s, SWP’s, JHA’s) and other applicable legislation.
- Oversees the SMS RAMP Contract by supporting the Customer in warranty administration, component core management, winter road order coordination and service administration duties.
- Work in conjunction with the Customer's Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Superintendents & Warehouse Managers to ensure that short, medium & long term support objectives are met.
- Work in conjunction with the SMS Equipment Acheson branch to coordinate surge labour requirements and the quoting of tasks outside the SMS contractual scope of work.
- Coordinates with Customer's Parts, SMS Remote Mining Parts Operations and SMS Remanufacturing to monitor and measure parts supply & performance.
- Work with with SMS Technical Support team when required for technical assistance and support.
- Be the Customer's key point of contact for maintenance activities.
- Requires certification in a relevant trade with a minimum of 10 years’ experience including at least 5 years’ supervisory experience. It would be ideal if this experience was gained in a busy field operations environment.
- Should have a thorough knowledge of heavy equipment, preferably Komatsu, serving the mining industry.
- Results driven, excellent communication, leadership and organizational skills are keys for success, while the ability to oversee and coordinate large field operations and project work is preferred.
- Proven ability to identify, develop and implement safety and production improvement processes.
- Must possess management & leadership skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including tact & diplomacy when interacting with individuals & groups.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Working knowledge of labour relations & personnel management.
The Gahcho Kue Branch is located 280 km northeast of Yellowknife, NWT. The successful candidate will be required to work in a remote camp setting for the duration of their shift rotation and will marshal out of Yellowknife, NWT. This position works a 4 x 3 shift rotation and is on call 24/7 for customer service requirements.