The Yellowknives Dene First Nation (YKDFN) is governed by a Chief and Council which has offices in Dettah and Ndilo. The YKDFN Chiefs and Council affirm our sacred obligation to serve our people and our commitment to live balanced contemporary lifestyles with culture and traditions important to our community, to speak our traditional language, and protect our natural resources and treaty rights. For Chiefs and Council to lead the YKDFN requires having qualified personnel to achieve a prosperous future for our citizens. The incumbent works within this context to provide effective and efficient level of support and assistance. Please provide a cover letter and resume to HR@ykdene.com.
Under the authority of the YKDFN Government Chiefs and Council and under the direct supervision of the Director, Early Learning & Child Care, the Daycare Worker is responsible for providing high-quality child care in a group setting that meets the diverse needs and promotes optimum physical, social, emotional, cognitive and intellectual development of the children in care.
The Daycare Worker is an integral member of the daycare professional team and is responsible to build strong relationships with parents, daycare staff and the community. The Daycare Worker will support the YKDFN’ philosophy, procedures and policies to maintain a standard of care that are in accordance with the GNWT-ECE, Health and Fire Safety Rules and Regulations.
Daycare Worker Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Education and work experience related to childcare is preferred.
- Decisiveness, patience, and stamina to chase after, lift, or carry children.
- Record of up-to-date immunizations.
- Criminal Records Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding of stages of childhood development.
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children.