NWT Tourism, the Destination Marketing Organization for the Northwest Territories, is looking
for an experienced Digital Marketing Project and Asset Coordinator. This position contributes to
the successful management of digital marketing activities. Facilitating the movement of multiple
concurrent projects, this position manages digital assets including photo and video assets on
digital management platforms and ensures related rights agreements are in place. Working with
the Marketing Director and with a variety of agencies, this position helps implement digital
marketing strategies, and assists in the planning, development, implementation, and reporting of
digital marketing projects.
Please send cover letters and
resume to the Chief Executive Officer by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. NWT
Tourism thanks all applicants who apply and will respond only to those selected for an interview.
Under the direction of the Marketing Director:
• Manages digital assets including photo and video assets on digital asset management
• Co-ordinates rights agreements with NWT-based, national and international videographers,
photographers, and media outlets, ensuring rights agreements are executed for assets
acquired and records regarding rights related to assets are documented
• Works with agencies including NWT Tourism’s Agency of Record to streamline digital asset
acquisition and related rights management.
• Is responsible for quality control of metadata in the DAM System and related Content
Management Systems (CMS).
• Works with the marketing team to better understand the types of content and organizational
priorities for asset acquisition projects.
• Contributes to improving standards and the quality of digital content and related projects
• Assists with the planning, development, implementation and reporting of digital marketing
• Keeps records of digital marketing projects currently underway and liaises with the
Marketing Director and various staff and partners to coordinate inputs, reviews and
decisions required with the goal of keeping digital projects moving forward to planned
The level of knowledge, skills and abilities required to deliver all aspects of this position are
commonly acquired through a diploma or undergraduate degree in marketing, design or
business administration, combined with three to five years of experience in a marketing position
with a Destination Marketing Organization, government tourism office or private sector business
focused on content and digital marketing. Equivalencies will be considered.
• An understanding of marketing, marketing plans, tools and tactics.
• An understanding of the Northwest Territories and its tourism offerings.
• An understanding of copyright and rights agreements
• Strong computer software program skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point,
Photoshop and web-based DAM asset management systems
• Ability to maintain the taxonomy and metadata of a large collection of digital assets.
• Proven oral and creative written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to plan, coordinate and implement marketing activities in relation to content
development and acquisition.
• Ability to contribute to marketing decisions and prioritize workloads.
• Ability to work in cross-cultural and multicultural environments.
• Ability to assist in preparing and administering rights agreements and media contracts.
• Ability to deal with a stressful and demanding environment involving a high volume of work
and critical deadlines.
• Proven experience working with digital content as a Digital Asset Manager, Project Manager or
other similar title with ownership of content organization.
• Proven experience working with databases of digital assets and/or CMS.
ABOUT NORTHWEST TERRITORIES TOURISM
Northwest Territories Tourism is a non-profit organization serving close to 200 members whose
businesses involve the tourism industry. Northwest Territories Tourism undertakes all
destination marketing activities for the Northwest Territories through funding agreements with
the Government of the Northwest Territories. It works to enhance these efforts through other
funding agreements and private partnerships. Using a variety of innovative marketing strategies
to help build destination awareness and to drive business to local tourism operators, Northwest
Territories Tourism actively promotes all NWT regions and tourism sectors to key domestic and
Based in Yellowknife, NWT, a small team of staff work with contracted General Sales Agents in
Japan, Germany, and Australia and with other contracted marketing partners in South Korea,
and China. NWT Tourism works closely with a variety of local, regional, national and
international partners to establish the spectacular NWT brand, to uphold the NWT's destination
reputation and to increase visitation to and visitor expenditure in the Northwest Territories.