The NWT Recreation and Parks Association (NWTRPA) is looking for an energetic, motivated, and highly organized individual for the position of Director Active Communities. This will be a term position until August 31, 2020.
The Director - Active Communities is responsible for the direction and delivery of NWTRPA Active Communities programs, including Walk to Tuk, Elders in Motion, Generations on the Move, Get Active, and Fitness Leader Training. The Active Communities strategic goal is that more NWT residents of all ages are able to choose active ways of living because of improvements in the accessibility, diversity, and quality of community-based recreation programs.
For more information, please visit www.nwtrpa.org/jobs. Please forward a resume and cover letter by Friday May 24, 2019 at 4:00pm to Geoff Ray– Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director - Active Communities will develop and lead the delivery of the NWTRPA Active Communities business plan. The Director - Active Communities will supervise one staff member and will work directly with NWTRPA members, community groups, partners, and other NWTRPA staff to assist with the development and support of safe, culturally-appropriate active living programs in the NWT.
We are seeking a great person with the following experience and skillset:
- Post-secondary education in Recreation/Leisure studies, Physical Education, Kinesiology, Marketing, or a related discipline.
- Training and certifications in the following areas: fitness programming, first aid.
- Experience managing or supervising staff and volunteers.
- Experience in recreation or active living/communities programming positions.
- Experience in the administration of budgets.
- Ability to network with government, business, and non-profit agencies.
- Strongly self-motivated and very well organized.
- Excellent communication skills.
The incumbent must also complete a satisfactory criminal record check as a condition of their hire.