The Délı̨nę Got’ı̨nę Government is seeking a passionate and experienced education professional to lead the development and implementation of Indigenous education programs in Délı̨nę
If you are an experienced education professional with previous experience in Indigenous Education development and delivery, and you are open minded, excited by new experiences and ready to embrace change, this role is for you. If your heart and passion are calling you to apply your skills and experience to make a difference in Indigenous Education, this role is for you. If you understand and embrace a holistic approach to education – from early childhood to adulthood - and you recognize that community, culture and traditions are integral to Indigenous Education, this role is definitely for you.
- Experience working or partnering with Indigenous Governments
- Experience in cross-cultural education and coursework in Indigenous Studies are assets and would be considered as equivalencies.
- The ideal incumbent should have the ability to communicate in Dene Kǝdǝ́ or have knowledge of the Délı̨nę culture and heritage.
- You have experience in and enjoy living in remote, northern, Indigenous communities
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Education, preferably with graduate studies in a specialized Education field, Management, Business or Public Administration.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years teaching or education administration experience
- Ideally, experience at a senior management level as a principal or public administrator, including management of large budgets, preparing plans and implementing policy, and leading and managing a team