We are looking for an Environmental Assistant to work at Snap Lake for the Care & Maintenance Program. This position is project specific, located at the mine site, on a 12-hours shift with two weeks on, two weeks off schedule.
The Environmental Assistant will participate in multiple programs and will include a broad range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Work as part of the De Beers Environmental team;
- Conduct fieldwork requirement initiatives (various types of sampling, monitoring, data collection and inspections);
- Contribute to various reporting and data entry requirements;
- Utilize various types of equipment (hand held monitors, loggers, etc.), maintain and calibrate as required;
- Spill response, cleanup and reporting;
- Support the team and assist with additional requests as needed.
- Post-secondary education (BSc or MSc) within an Environmental field;
- Experience with environmental sampling, monitoring and reporting preferred;
- Experience with environmental monitoring instrumentation including basic troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of such instrumentation would be an asset;
- Knowledge of a variety of water sampling procedures and equipment as well as technical understanding of water quality, wildlife, vegetation, closure and/or reclamation issues related to Northern mining operations would be an asset;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, MS Word).
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and performance in safe work practices and a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety. The successful candidate will be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment and extreme temperatures with minimal supervision.
For interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 867-873-4771.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.