We are looking for an Environmental Assistant to work at Snap Lake for the Care & Maintenance Program. This position is project specific, located at the mine site, on a 12-hours shift with two weeks on, two weeks off schedule.
The Environmental Assistant will participate in multiple programs and will include a broad range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Work as part of the De Beers Environmental team;
- Conduct fieldwork requirement initiatives (various types of sampling, monitoring, data collection and inspections);
- Contribute to various reporting and data entry requirements;
- Utilize various types of equipment (hand held monitors, loggers, etc.), maintain and calibrate as required;
- Spill response, cleanup and reporting;
- Support the team and assist with additional requests as needed.
- Post-secondary education (BSc or MSc) within an Environmental field;
- Experience with environmental sampling, monitoring and reporting preferred;
- Experience with environmental monitoring instrumentation including basic troubleshooting, operation and maintenance of such instrumentation would be an asset;
- Knowledge of a variety of water sampling procedures and equipment as well as technical understanding of water quality, wildlife, vegetation, closure and/or reclamation issues related to Northern mining operations would be an asset;
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, MS Word).
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and performance in safe work practices and a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety. The successful candidate will be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment and extreme temperatures with minimal supervision.
For interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to email@example.com or fax to 867-873-4771.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
Khione Resources, Ltd. is a Yellowknife-based company that offers a fully qualified and reliable workforce to clients. We are committed to providing exceptional work opportunities for our employees and remarkable service to our clients.
Established in 2009, Khione focuses on connecting qualified workers with project-based opportunities across all industries – from construction to exploration and mining. Our mission is to provide a northern workforce for northern projects.