Bouwa Whee Catering is currently looking for a candidate with management experience to join our team. The position is responsible for covering kitchen positions and Camp Manager positions on a regular basis at all of our work sites. The successful candidate would be self-motivated, client focused, committed to workplace safety, with a pro-active and hands on leadership style.
This a Permanent, Full Time position on a 2x2 rotation.
The Camp Manager component is responsible for supervising all Bouwa Whee staff members onsite, and ensuring that the entire onsite operation runs in an efficient and safe manner at all times.
At any point, the incumbent may be required to cover positions at any of Bouwa Whee Catering’s work sites.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to provide and maintain supervision over food production for up to 700 people.
- Must have current certificates in Food Safe, standard First Aid, WHMIS, and WSCC Mine Supervisor Level 2, and keep them updated as needed.
- Must have experience designing, implementing and organizing menus in ala carte, buffet, banquet, and institutional formats.
- Position requires knowledge of extensive computer operations, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have a complete understanding of inventory control and cost control systems.
- Safety system and loss prevention experience an asset.
- Physically fit and capable of warehousing, shipping, receiving, packing, and stacking pallets of perishable and nonperishable food items and cleaning supplies.
- Effective leadership and training abilities required.
- Must have an understanding of current NWT labour laws, and comply with all regulations regarding: the proper use of progressive discipline practices, and addressing issues of violence, injuries, harassment and discrimination in the workplace.
- Must be personable and have excellent communication skills, as well as able to maintain outstanding customer service relations with clients, guests, vendors and corporate office representatives.
The successful applicant must be able to successfully complete the site access clearance process. This includes:
- Having an up to date criminal record check or being prepared with the documentation/dates necessary to complete a criminal record check
- Undergoing and successfully completing a pre-site medical
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.