We are looking for an experienced leader to organize and coordinate funding, stakeholder interaction, community and governmental engagement in the development of a Traditional Wellness Centre for the North based out of Yellowknife. You will provide strategic guidance to partners and other parties in ways that promote AIWF’s culture and vision. You will also oversee the progress of operations of both the building development, organizational development and program activities at our urban land-based healing camp.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. This person will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Creating and managing long-term goals
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement
- Foster effective teamwork between the Board and the Manager and between the Manager and staff
- In addition to the Chair of the Board, act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Board as appropriate and jointly with the Board when appropriate
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile
- Writing program funding proposals and grants to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Analyzing program risks
- Working on strategy with marketing resources
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare reports for AIWF directors
- Traditional knowledge acquired through at least 5-10 years direct work experience with Elders/Healers/Medicine People, traditional communities, societies OR community driven cultural-based education programs;
- Effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of different Nations that reside in the community and surrounding area
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check is a condition of employment
- Lives and promotes a healthy lifestyle
- Proven experience as a Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software is a strong advantage
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus. Education and job experience equivalencies will be considered.