The Finance Officer is responsible for processing payments to suppliers for goods and services of approximately $500,000 per month, ensuring the payments are timely, accurate, and appropriately recorded in the system. The FO also maintains up to date and accurate payroll records for 25+ employees.
Must work well in a fast paced environment. Ability to multi-task and work well independently.
This is a full time permanent position.
- Accounts Payable – ensures supplier invoices are accurately prepared and payments are processed, both in an efficient and timely manner:
- Scrutinizes and audits all supplier invoices and other payable documents for accuracy and legitimacy
- Enters all invoices into the accounting system
- Verifies supplier statements and investigates missing items
- Maintains bank balance
- Finalizes and processes all authorized requests for payment
- Monitors discrepancies and trends and reports findings to the Controller
- Prepares reports for the Controller highlighting account balances, cash requirement and progress of missing items
- Maintains a filing system, by supplier
- Administers and processes semi-monthly payroll for approximately 25 employees in accordance with Revenue Canada and Territorial regulations:
- Audits and verifies time sheets submitted by employees;
- Calculates specific amounts payable to employees based on timesheets;
- Processes retroactive pay, advances, and other deductions;
- Processes final pay and provides record of employment for terminated employees.
- Provides support to the Administration Department as & when required:
- Assists PAC in providing initial telephone service to customers, suppliers and the general public, transferring calls and taking messages as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated bookkeeping experience
- Grade 12 and three years of related experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Must be proficient with common computer applications
- Demonstrated initiative
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle a heavy workload
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must provide a driver abstract upon hire.