The Financial Analyst, reporting to the Sr. Manager Finance Budget and Reporting, will mainly provide support to the accounting team and is responsible for a significant amount of actual to budget variance analysis, documentation, ad hoc reporting and monthly financial reporting requirements of the organization. This position includes data mining, analysis and understanding of the organization’s financial results. This role contributes to the management of financial components by providing accurate reporting and analysis, and the presentation of findings to senior management. Additionally, this position involves providing general financial reporting and analysis to a variety of situations as the need arises.
Provide timely, accurate, relevant and reliable on-going financial information to the organization, through the use of; reports, training, counsel and troubleshooting, to ensure that decisions are made effectively and strategically, based on the most accurate and appropriate information possible.
- Provide support in annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Prepare various reconciliations and schedules at the consolidated level including analysis and review of information
- Research accounting and regulatory reporting issues including preparation of accounting memos to evaluate alternative accounting treatments
- Manage the accounting functions of small entities and ensure the accuracy, cut off and completeness of expenses and revenues
- Provide monthly variance reporting and analysis for senior management and executives.
- Complete analysis on submitted year-end figures to determine validity.
- Support month-end and year-end internal accounting process.
- Manage monthly Bell financial statement reporting requirements.
- Manage intercompany transactions and service agreement to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Work on special projects as required.
This position requires an individual with a diploma in business, commerce or finance, and/or an accounting designation within Canada. The incumbent must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments within a self-managed environment. The individual must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), research, financial modelling and analytical skills. Advanced Excel abilities are required.
As part of the recruitment process for this position, candidates may be required to take pre-employment tests and/or complete work simulation exercise to assess job fit.
As a safety conscious COR™ Certified organization, we have an established and comprehensive safety program. We expect all employees to participate in our organizational health and safety programs, adhering to all safe work procedures focused on continuous improvement.
Northwestel values diversity in the workplace and is committed to the goals of Employment Equity. We strive to achieve a skilled workforce that is representative of the population we serve, and as a Northern company, we are committed to the employment and career development of our Indigenous peoples. Candidates must clearly indicate on their application if they are an Indigenous person, a woman, a person with a disability, or a visible minority if they wish to receive hiring preference.