Buffalo Airways is seeking a permanent full-time Flight Follower/Dispatcher for our main base in Yellowknife, NT.
Our company operates charter passenger, charter cargo, firefighting and fuel services.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working out of the Yellowknife Hangar, the successful candidate will coordinate and execute flight plans with attention to detail as per the company operations regulations.
- Ensure that flights are planned safely and efficiently
- Monitor flights attentively from start to finish, or until another dispatcher takes over
- Monitor weather conditions while providing route/weather observations to Flight and Ground Crew as necessary
- Advise the Operations Manager of any abnormal incidents involving flights, whether airborne or on the ground, including activating of overdue/missing aircraft, or incident/accident procedures
- Ensure that all necessary and essential information is relayed to the crew in a timely manner to ensure safe flights
- Liaise with Charter Sales team and/or Communications Director for client/customer requests, or operational issues affecting customer service; coordinate accommodations, parking, dining, or any other issues or requests that may arise
- Training provided, experience not required
- Customer service efficient, personable and easy to communicate with
- Analytical and organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience with fast-paced and high-stress situations
- Northern experience an asset but not required
- Transport Canada Flight Dispatch Generic Exams an asset but not required
Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Aviation, serviceability of airports, airways and navigational facilities considered an asset
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Strong computer skills (Web, Excel, Word)
- Strong communication skills
- Effective and efficient decision making, particularly when under pressure
- Ability to remain calm in challenging/uncomfortable situations