This job is in a high volume, fast pace setting in which self-motivation and multi-tasking are key factors in this rewarding work environment. Assist with day to day operations which includes but not limited to Freight coordination and management, track and trace, load coordination and report generation.
Apply by e-mail: email@example.com
- Support Project Managers with incoming and on hand freight, provided by accurate maintenance of the DCL freight management system (FMS)
- Create the pick-up document in FMS based on information provided by the client.
- Expedite Purchase Orders.
- Initiate and execute freight pick-ups based on purchase order INCO terms.
- Track and trace shipment updating the web tracker and FMS information with current shipment status
- Upload all shipment documents into the FMS
- Identify and organize priority shipments and facilitate the delivery to site in coordination with the Project Managers.
- Maintain professional communication with our client site representatives, updating shipment status and deliveries to site.
- Maintain accurate DCL Yellowknife cargo on hand for designated clients
- Distribute FMS generated reporting to the management team and clients
- Coordinate with the data entry team with day to day operation.
- Create and release all full truck load (FTL) and Less than truck load (LTL) loads during the winter road operation.
- Participate in morning safety meetings and provide positive feedback to your fellow team members as per the DCL safety policies and procedures.
- Work with all staff to ensure that the warehouse, yard and ramp housekeeping is kept in an orderly fashion
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to obtain a Restricted area airport pass
- Experience in transportation logistics is an asset
- Warehouse and inventory control experience is an asset
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in full Microsoft Office
- Applicants should possess excellent verbal, written and people skills.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, reliable transportation.