Jam Inns Ltd O/A Chateau Nova Yellowknife is looking for a Permanent, Full-Time Front Desk Manager, Hotel (NOC 0632) ,1 vacancy.
Title: Front Desk Manager, Hotel (NOC 0632) (1 vacancy)
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work Location Information: 300 MacKenzie Rd, Inuvik, NT X0E 0T0
Wage & Benefits:
- $50,000.00 per year
- Vacation fee: 4% remuneration of gross salary
Hours: 30-33 hours per week
Start Date: As soon as possible
How to apply
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The specific responsibilities of the Front Office Manager will vary depending on the needs of the hotel. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Leads, motivates and coaches the associates in order to maximize productivity and satisfaction
- Leads, motivates and coaches all night audit associates / functions in accordance with Nova Hotels financial practices
- Follows all Nova Hotels Accounts Receivable practices and ensures all procedures are followed to maintain desired outcomes.
- Actively participates, coaches and leads associates in guest problem resolution processes to ensure that guest service opportunities are resolved quickly and addressed effectively
- Implements and owns arrival best practices checklist, measures accuracy through documented audits
- Leads, motivates and coaches all pass on communications between departments
- Ensures accuracy of room block assignments, arrangements for special requests, VIP accommodations and the distribution of the VIP lists
- Conducts regular walk throughs of the hotel. Notes any deficiencies and follows up as required
- Prepare bi-weekly Front Office schedules. Maintain complete knowledge of the daily schedules to accommodate all groups, special requests and any special features of the hotel, while maintaining the desired labour costs.
- Help to manage Online Travel Agents and manage the room inventories to ensure the desired Average Daily Rates.
- Prepare travel agent commission reports in a timely manner.
- Prepare all required month end procedures and ensure they are provided to Nova accounting within the required time.
- Develops strategies and action plans to achieve set goals and objectives for Net Operating Income, Guest Services Index and Culture
- Meets and exceeds the expectations of the associates by utilizing leadership skills and motivation techniques in order to maximize associate productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
- Conducts performance reviews according to established deadlines for front office and night audit associates
- Designs and ensures active participation of associates for all training programs
- Listens and responds to guests’ requests or concerns and taking action until completion
- Projects a favorable image of Nova Hotels Hospitality to the public
- Arrange for and oversee maintenance activities
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for daily operations
- Negotiate with suppliers for the provision of materials and supplies
- Negotiate with clients for the use of facilities
Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent written communication, Initiative, Team player, Excellent oral communication, Client focus, Flexibility
- A college diploma or university degree in management is required.
- 3 years to less than 5 years of work experience as a hotel manager is required.
- Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Night and Weekends
Language of work: English
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Walking, Standing for extended periods
Work Setting: Hotel