We are looking to hire a Fuel Truck Operator for work located at a remote mine site. This position is project specific, on a 12-hour shift with rotations of dayshift and nightshift for a 4 to 5 month contract
The Fuel Truck Operator will include a broad range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Operate a Ford F-550 with 2 Tidy tanks
- Perform operational and preventive maintenance checks on relevant fuel equipment and vehicles in accordance with standards;
- Maintain vehicle logs and submit daily vehicle deficiencies report;
- Provide verbal or written reports about maintenance, safety, or environmental issues to the supervisor on a daily basis;
- Keeping work areas clean and free of safety hazards on a continuous basis.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an industrial setting preferred;
- Must hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Grade 12 high school diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum 1 year of fuel truck operating experience;
- Solid proficiency in reading and understanding manuals and written instructions;
Applicants must have demonstrated knowledge and performance in safe work practices and a strong awareness and attitude towards workplace health and safety. The successful candidate will be motivated and able to work in a challenging environment and extreme temperatures with minimal supervision.
Applicants must have the ability to pass the medical & security clearance processes which may include drug screening and an accurate disclosure confirming criminal record history or a clear criminal record check.
For interested and qualified applicants, please apply with your cover letter, resumes, and three references to email@example.com or fax to 867-873-4771.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.