Unlimited Potential Community Services empowers individuals and families to reach their full potential and enhance community well-being.
FULL TIME PROGRAM MANAGER – Yellowknife, NWT
Unlimited Potential Community Services (UP) is a non-profit charitable society that has been providing quality support and treatment since 1987. Our goal is to restore stability and hope in the lives of children, youth, adults, and families so they can achieve personal independence and family unity. UP believes cultural tradition is an important part of mental wellness, so we incorporate the culture and traditions of our clients wherever possible. UP invites applicants who are passionate about providing quality support to our clients through a culturally sensitive approach and helping us to work together towards our goal to support each child and family to reach their full potential.
Program overview: At UP we provide ongoing group care treatment services and educational programs to children and youth with emotional, behavioral, and/or psychiatric difficulties (including FASD and mental health concerns). Our clients range from 0 - 13 years of age, and live in a group home and family shelter home, therapeutic setting.
Position overview: Under the leadership and direction of the Director of Group Care Services the Program Manager is responsible for the leadership, management, quality, and productivity of the treatment site and foster care services in the achievement of the Organization’s goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exceptional knowledge of best practices specific to group care services;
- Excellent working knowledge and understanding of trauma informed care;
- Advanced skills, knowledge and understanding of best practices in strategic thinking, systems thinking, change management, program development and project management;
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous culture, customs, beliefs and ways of healing;
- Understanding of current and emerging issues of importance to Indigenous people and communities;
- Excellent people leadership skills including coaching, mentoring, building organizational talent, and empowering resources to achieve desired outcomes;
- Good knowledge of legislative in NWT relating to group care services;
- Excellent knowledge of all accreditation standards and able to lead the program/organization in accreditation;
- Strong knowledge of health issues affecting youth, such as FASD, drug and alcohol addictions, intergenerational trauma, mental health, suicide and other mental and behavioural issues;
- Good understanding of cultural differences and how they impact treatment approaches for children and youth;
- Good verbal and written communication skills with proven organizational and documentation skills;
- Experience in program and proposal development, design, redesign, planning, implementation, budget, staffing, and evaluation will be a definite asset;
- Ability to work well in a team environment with the ability to handle stressful situations in a non-confrontational, problem solving manner is required.
Qualifications/Experience: Must have a diploma/degree in Human Services or related field. Minimum six years’ experience in personnel management and extensive frontline Child/Youth Care experience in Group Care.
Other requirements: A current, clear Police Information Check (vulnerable sector included) and Child Intervention Record Check, both dated within the last 6 months. A valid NWT driver’s licence (minimum class 5) and current driver's abstract (no more than 8 demerits). Must be willing to work shifts, sometimes alone and weekends.
Salary & Benefits: Salary Range is $66,733.00 - $90,557.00 annually plus $5,400.00 NWT vacation travel allowance (salary commensurate with education and experience). We provide full-time employees with a 100% employer paid health benefits package (which includes vision, dental and prescription drug coverage, massage therapy, etc.) and a 100% employer paid R.R.S.P. equaling 3% of annual salary. We also offer free courses and workshops in-house for all of our employees.
Closing Date: November 6th, 2019
Our values are integrity, respect, excellence, humility and relationships. If you meet the entrance criteria, hold similar values and are looking to join a dynamic team that works hard to empower and support children, youth and families, please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out an Application here.
UP is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all cultures and backgrounds; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.