The Gas Station Store Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, organization, direction, control and evaluation of the gas station (Petro Canada and Tim Horton's), and will provide merchandise and services on a retail basis. This position will ensure company and franchise standards and safety regulations are met, promote business and growth, manage staff, maintain budgets, and provide excellent customer service.
Major Duties include:
- planning, directing and evaluating the operation of the gas station;
- developing and implementing marketing strategies;
- determining staffing requirements, recruit, lead and manage staff, assign duties and monitor performance;
- preparing and monitoring employee development plans and performance appraisals;
- studying market research and business trends to determine potential impact on sales, identify areas for improvement and implement affection solutions;
- planning budgets and monitoring revenues and expenses;
- resolving problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages;
- completing and submitting franchise reporting templates and tools, based on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual requirements;
- promoting, managing, and maintaining health and safety, security and environmental components of the market operations, including properly documenting any incidents that occur;
- ensuring compliance with all corporate and franchise policies and local, provincial, and federal laws within the scope of the gas station/convenience/food service operation;
- ensuring that all necessary corporate and franchise data, reports and statistics are completed and submitted;
- communicating, coaching and assisting all staff to ensure that all corporate and franchise standards and requirements are understood and met; and
- other duties as required.
Preferred Qualifications are:
- Completion of a two-year diploma in Business Administration (a Bachelor's Degree is preferred), with five (5)+ years experience in a related retail sales and services role, with a minimum of three (3) years of management experience; or
- High School Diploma with ten (10)+ years of related retail experience with a minimum of five (5) years of management experience;
- demonstrated and significant positive results in a management role;
- strong knowledge of occupational health, safety and environmental management;
- general knowledge of human resource best practices and principles;
- demonstrated effective staff training, coaching, performance management and conflict resolution skills;
- computer literacy as well as good oral and written communication skills;
- strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead effectively by example;
- ability to work accurately, independently and meet tight deadlines with shifting priorities;
- must be able to work shifts, standing and walking;
- must be able to pack, unpack and move stock when supporting receiving/stocking store functions including items up to 50 pounds;
- may be required to work outdoors and in inclement weather;
- must have a Class 5 drivers licence;
- must be available to work flexible hours (night/day/weekend) depending on scheduling needs.
- travel, including overnight or out of town travel may be required.