We are looking for a dedicated, organized individual who enjoys working as a part of a team in a exciting and fast paced culinary environment!
Reporting to the Chef at the Gahcho Kue Diamond Mine, the General Helper is a Full-Time position on a 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off rotation. Night Shift may be required.
- point of pickup is within the Northwest Territories
- due to the Covid-19 epidemic all employees will be required to work 4 weeks in, 4 weeks out (4x4) until further notice
- rotational schedule is subject to change
A General Helper is responsible for assisting the kitchen staff in their daily meal preparations, under the supervision and direction of the Chef and/or 1st Cook. They are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing service utensils, flatware and china, and ensuring the general maintenance and cleanliness of the food service areas (including the Kitchen, Dining Room and Service Islands). Adhere to Territorial and Federal sanitation practices. Practice sanitation and safety daily and throughout the shift. Employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and safety meetings is required.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- minimum 1 year related experience within the Food Service industry
- a current WHMIS and Level 1 Food Safe certificates
- knowledge of the safe and efficient operation of equipment within the Food Service area of operations
- understanding the proper use of all cleaning chemicals in the Food Service areas of operations and understand the safety precautions necessary while using these products.
- familiar with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- exceptional time management skills
- exceptional customer service skills and enjoys working with the public
- proven ability in working as a team player, ability to work well with others and on own
- proven punctuality and ability to work 12 hour shifts
Full-Time Employees are eligible for medical benefits as well as RRSP matching!
We thank all applicants for submissions, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Bouwa Whee delivers great food, housekeeping and accommodation management services under some of the world’s most challenging conditions. Because we are the North – 100 percent aboriginal owned and headquartered in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories – we know what northerners want and how to deliver it. That’s why we’re the contractor of choice at Diavik, Gahcho Kué and Snap Lake, three of Canada’s premier mines
For a list of all available Bouwa Whee Catering positions please click on the following link: https://detoncho.bamboohr.com/jobs/