ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain a leader in the testing services industry and have established a distinguished reputation for providing best in class results and client services.
Location: ALS Geochemistry
About the Position
Within the Sample Preparation Department, the Sample Preparation Technician will work with client samples and prepare them for analysis in our labs.
· Ringing, sieving (including International Soils), crushing, splitting under direct supervision;
· Loading and unloading drying ovens under supervision;
· Maintain own production logs;
· General cleaning duties for basic lab cleanliness;
· May assists with layout duties/tasks;
· Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
· Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Good hand-eye coordination;
· Good organizational skills;
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
· Basic alpha/numeric comprehension;
· Basic English communication skills (written and verbal).
· Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks;
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
· Be cleanly-shaven in order to wear protective equipment.
· Wear issued personal protective equipment (PPE) such as dust masks, gloves etc., when required;
· Ability to stand for a full shift;
· Ability to sit at a desk and do general office work, which includes periodic sedentary responsibilities;
· Please note that ALS operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.